Website U.S. Department of Labor
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
- Counsels Federal civilian employees on matters related to their employment in such areas as performance management, absence and leave, and standards of conduct.
- Responsible for participating in team program issues for Federal civilian labor relations (LR) and Federal civilian employee relations (ER) matters, providing advisory services to managers, supervisors, and employees of assigned organizations.
- Provides advisory services to managers, supervisors, and employees on serious/sensitive issues to Fed civilian employees, e.g. discipline, grievances, appeals, complaints, communications, employee/supervisory relationships, and rights/obligations.
- Works closely with management officials at all levels to provide advice on a continuing basis and as needed to resolve critical matters.
- If selected at the GS-11 level, the below responsibilities will be performed in a developmental capacity.
- Assists supervisors in dealing with union representatives.
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Non-Exempt at the GS-11 level, Exempt at the GS-12 level
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Tour of Duty: Flexible
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Company: U.S. Department of Labor
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A