Website Defense Logistics Agency
This position is located in Columbus, OH. This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies throughout the program. Management has the right to assign staff to locations as mission requires.
This position is eligible for the NAF benefits package and leave accrual.
- Completes training requirements using approved service materials to include designated training modules. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Instructs team members in specific tasks and job techniques; makes available written instructions, reference materials, and supplies. Explains program guidance, procedures, policies, and directives to team members.
- Uses designated evaluation materials to ensure assigned area is in compliance with, Dept of Defense (DoD), and local installation standards.
- Ensures assigned area maintains standards for DoD certification and national accreditation or equivalent.
- Supervises children and youth ranging in age from 6 weeks to 18 years during daily schedule of indoor and outdoor activities and on field trips, outings, and special events.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts activities for program participants based on observed needs of individual children and youth. Prepares and implements program options for children and youth with special requirements.
- Must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/physical/background requirements for this position.
- Must have current health assessment which documents good mental and physical health, freedom from communicable disease, and immunizations in accordance with current Army and DoD policy including annual influenza vaccinations.
- Incumbent is legally required to report all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect.
- May be subject to irregular hours, evening and or weekends.
- For positions in Child Development Centers, possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
- A one year probationary period may be required (either initially or upon conversion, if applicable).
- Successful completion of annual training requirements within the prescribed time frame and demonstrated on the job competence is required.
Qualification & Experience:
Possess a high school diploma or GED certificate.
Be able to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Two years of specialized experience working in a group program with children or youth plus
- 2. An associate’s degree or at least 60 semester hours with a major course of study (24 semester hours)
Company: Defense Logistics Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A