Website Defense Logistics Agency
The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) is a U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) agency. DLA provides worldwide logistics support for the missions of the Military Departments and the Unified Combatant Commands under conditions of peace and war. It also provides logistics support to other DoD Components and certain Federal agencies, foreign governments, international organizations, and others as authorized.
- Performs duties which provide the full range of Federal Civilian Classification and Recruitment and Placement services to customer offices.
- Provides advisory services to all management levels within assigned organizations on specific and organization-wide issues impacting either a single Federal civilian Human Resources (HR) function or multiple program areas.
- Analyzes and completes Federal civilian recruitment and placement actions, taking into consideration turnover, funding, retirement, mission and technology to ascertain staffing needs, and studies labor market for possible recruitment sources.
- Provides advice and guidance to supervisors concerning Federal civilian classification.
- Promotes the establishment and achievement of the overall Federal civilian HR program objective throughout the organizations.
- Provides advice regarding Federal civilian position design and structure to managers and supervisors.
- Please note, during the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Agency is operating in a maximum telework posture for all telework ready employees occupying a telework eligible position.
- If selected at the GS-11 level, the following duties will be performed in a developmental capacity.
- Provides management with insight in establishing organization structures that are efficient, cost effective, support desired grade levels, and facilitate career development.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination, where reciprocity cannot be applied; unfavorably adjudicated background checks will be grounds for removal.
- Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
- This is an Excepted Service position.
- Selective Service Requirement: Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service.
- Security Requirements: Non-Critical Sensitive with Secret Access
- Bargaining Unit Status: No
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Tour of Duty: Set Schedule
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA): Exempt
Company: Defense Logistics Agency
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Columbus, OH, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A