Website California Department of Motor Vehicles
The Privacy Analyst, Information Technology (IT) Specialist I, provides IT privacy consulting services on privacy incidents for DMV and works towards reducing risk, remediating vulnerabilities, and enhancing privacy protection. The incumbent’s duties include the following:
- Participates in Information Privacy and Security Incident Response Teams to plan, strategize, and assist with determining the best plan of action in mitigating significant privacy breaches.
- Researches emerging technologies and develops new methods and innovative solutions to address privacy challenges for electronic systems and manual processes throughout the Department.
- Responsible for developing, reviewing, and implementing complex and critical IT privacy and business practices to ensure that the Department complies with privacy laws, policies, standards, and guidelines.
- Applies knowledge of current and evolving IT business concepts to ensure that the collection, use, sharing, and storage of DMV’s personally identifiable information is aligned with privacy best practices and standards.
- Experience in providing privacy training, outreach, and awareness.
- Knowledge of and experience with phases of the IT Systems Development Life Cycle and data process flows.
- Experience in researching and analyzing privacy incidents, drafting, or reviewing notifications and ensuring appropriate corrective actions.
- Experience in analyzing privacy laws and legislation.
- Ability to work under pressure and meeting tight deadlines
Company: California Department of Motor Vehicles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Sacramento County, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A