Website California Department of Motor Vehicles
Under direction, incumbents interpret, apply, and explain provisions of the Vehicle Code and the regulations, policies, and procedures of the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) pertaining to the licensing of drivers, registering and titling of vehicles and vessels, licensing of vehicle dealers, manufacturers, and dismantlers, the performance of post licensing functions related to problematic drivers; and perform other related work.
- Positions allocated to the Motor Vehicle Representative class are located in various organizational units within the department where incumbents identify specific needs of internal and external customers in order to interpret, apply, and explain the provisions of the Vehicle Code and other laws, regulations, policies, and procedures pertaining to the registration and ownership of motor vehicles, the licensing of drivers, dealers, dismantlers, and manufacturers.
- Handle sensitive and confidential documents; identify and/or flag suspicious behavior or potentially fraudulent documents
- Process various forms and documents pertaining to driver licensing, vehicle registration and ownership, occupational licensing, and other related matters to complete the requested transactions.
- Perform post licensing functions of the department.
- Knowledge of: Modern office methods and equipment.
- Ability to: Read, write, and understand English at a level required for successful job performance; learn, apply, interpret, and explain provisions of governmental rules and department procedures and policy.
- Follow oral and written directions; evaluate situations accurately and take effective action; interpret and apply rules and regulations to specific cases.
- Perform cashiering work of average difficulty involved in receiving, disbursing, and receipting of monies.
- Operate various electronic office equipment; input information accurately and efficiently into various databases; and meet and deal tactfully with the public.
- Education: Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
- One year of experience in the California state service performing clerical duties at a level of responsibility equivalent to an Office Assistant (General).
Company: California Department of Motor Vehicles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tulare County, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A