Website California Department of Motor Vehicles
Want to get started in state service? Motor Vehicle Representative is an entry-level position to state service. The State of California offers its employees generous benefits that may include CalPERS retirement and retirement savings plans (401k and 457), health and dental insurance, and access to long-term disability and long-term care insurance. The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) offers career opportunity and growth for customer service champions seeking to make a difference in state service. Serving as the first impression for government service takes a special individual – are you the one?
- The DMV is responsible for licensing drivers, registering vehicles, securing identities, and regulating the motor vehicle industry.
- If you are looking for a rewarding career in public service and want to make an impact improving the safety and environment of California communities, the DMV invites you to apply for the Motor Vehicle Representative position.
- We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic candidates who are experienced in delivering stellar face-to-face customer service with a positive, can-do attitude for a fast-paced public contact position.
- The duties of the position include: cashiering, data entry, the ability to provide verbal, written, and technical assistance pertaining to the licensing of drivers, issuance of identification cards, vehicle registration, and occupational licenses, in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Dependability and punctuality are essential.
- One year of experience in the California state service performing clerical duties at a level of responsibility equivalent to an Office Assistant (General).
- One year of experience performing clerical, cashiering, sales clerk, or customer service work.
- Academic education above the twelfth grade may be substituted on the basis of one year of general education being equivalent to six months of experience.
- Students who are enrolled in the last semester or its equivalent of course work,
Company: California Department of Motor Vehicles
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego County, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A