Website U.S. Department of Justice
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives is accepting applications from people from Individuals with Disabilities.
- Conduct investigations of firearms licensees and explosives licensees/permittees; investigations/inspections involving analyzing records, and referring leads identified involving firearms & explosives thefts to ATF Special Agents for further investigation.
- Prepare reports detailing the facts found to document firearms licensee or explosives licensee/permittee is operating in accordance with the laws/regulations, and make recommendations for further necessary action.
- Verify inventories utilizing intelligence databases to analyze records and examine business operations.
- Document and report discrepancies revealed from examining records and inventories; including evidence of falsification of records and inventories, suspicious purchases or potential trafficking uncovered in firearm transaction records reviewed.
- If selected, you may be required to complete a one year probationary period.
- Successful completion of the “IOI” Basic Training Program.
- Must possess current/valid automobile operators license.
- Time-in-Grade: Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
- Must sign a mobility agreement.
- You must be registered for Selective Service, if applicable.
- Background investigation, credit check, and drug test are required.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National
- You must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement and before placement in the position.
Qualification & Experience:
- You must have at least one year of experience equivalent to the GS-05 level in the Federal Service that included experience analyzing records, documents, or reports and applying the applicable laws and regulations; examining records, documents, inventories and reports for evidence of falsification and documents discrepancies; verifying inventories, utilizes intelligence data to analyze records, and examines business operations; Preparing reports detailing the facts found from inspection in accordance with the laws and regulations.
Company: U.S. Department of Justice
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A