Website Duke Energy Corporation
Fleet Services provides strategic leadership, management, and governance for all transportation and mobile equipment in the Duke Energy fleet which consists of over 14 thousand vehicles/mobile equipment. The supervisor of vehicle maintenance provides leadership and oversight to a diverse workforce for assigned maintenance locations (garages). Key accountabilities include: ensuring the execution of maintenance and repair work, providing strong leadership and oversight to employees, ensuring compliance with applicable, safety, environmental, ANSI, DOT and maintenance standards, managing work schedules, ensuring tasks are properly recorded in the work management system, coordinating with customer contacts to ensure their needs are being met and managing the business/financial aspects of assigned garages. Safety, environmental compliance, productivity and quality are all critical components of the successful execution of this work. The supervisor of vehicle maintenance is responsible for identifying and addressing barriers in the workplace and must also effectively communicate the plans and direction of the organization. Position is responsible for employee development and performance management of the assigned craft in the work group.
- Ensure timely completion of assigned work in compliance with safety, environmental, ANSI, DOT standards, manufacturers’ guidelines, and Fleet Services best practices.
- Oversee assigned work and assuring quality of work being performed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Duke Energy safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure geographic area is appropriately staffed and supported for 24/7 operations. This includes both individual availability and setting employee expectations.
- Initiate actions to ensure objectives are achieved and improvement opportunities are addressed.
- Complete field reviews, observations, and audits to ensure progress, performance, quality and results.
- Support storm restoration efforts including any off-system deployments
- Foster a strong safety culture as it relates to both employee and operator safety.
- Monitor all aspects of team’s performance with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provide safe working conditions and practices by providing adequate safety training of work practices and procedures. Initiate action to promptly correct potential or actual safety problems.
- Local representative and point of contact for fleet, customer, equipment and facilities issues at assigned maintenance locations.
- Monitor and manage garage expenditures to support overall budget and incentive goals.
- Analyze reports and take appropriate actions
- Work effectively with Fleet GO staff identifying areas of improvement for maintenance practices and procedures.
- Analyze key performance reports and effectively monitor workgroups operational performance.
- Be a student of the Fleet Services business and the utility industry.
- Support human performance and corrective action programs by investigating, reviewing and communicating events, leading and participating in investigations and implementation of corrective actions.
- Ensure successful implementation of organizational improvements and technology.
- Serve as a model of leadership for change.
Company: Duke Energy Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Greenville, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A