Website El Paso County
The Road/Maintenance Worker, under close and frequent supervision, operate trucks under 33,000 G.V.W. or other light equipment as directed. Supports other assignments relating to the maintenance of County roads, bridges, parks and right-of-ways and performs related work as required.
- May perform duties generally assigned to senior deputies, in their absence.
- May assist in preparing cases for off site storage.
- Opens and distributes mail and/or deliveries (which will include electronic filings). Answering telephone inquiries, correspondence, and request for documents from trial court clerks or storage facilities.
- May assist in the scheduling of cases for submission. May assist in maintaining the official court minutes. May assist in the transfer of cases between courts.
- ssues Court Opinions and Judgments
- Examines records, motions, exhibits, briefs or any other appeal related document to ascertain if they have been timely received and prepared in accordance with the Texas Rules of Appellate Procedure and the Local Rules of this Court.
- Makes docket (Case Management) entries and gives notices and/or orders of the filings of such documents and rulings of the court.
- Assists in maintaining dockets or calendar systems for tracking and managing cases. Prepares cases, listings, and court room for oral argument.
- Processes payments received by the court.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Receives, files and processes cases on appeal from the lower court and may at times file and process original proceedings.
- May assist in the scanning of old case files, or in other responsibilities associated with retention of old case project.
- Trains on trucks utilized by the Road/Maintenance Worker Int., including tandem dump trucks and truck tractor with trailer;
- Pumps water from flooded streets and other areas; plows snow; applies sand and salt to icy roads;
- Assists co-workers with various related tasks;
- Performs daily walk around of vehicles and reports any problems to Foreman;
- principles, operation and servicing of trucks, light tractors and related automotive equipment;
- knowledge of traffic laws and regulations involved in equipment operation; materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of roads; the English language; principles and methods for the transportation of people or material.
- understand and follow quick and accurately, oral and written instructions; ability to perform moderately heavy manual labor under any kind of weather conditions; operate all equipment, machinery, and tools required;
- watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly; establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and superiors; Pass a Criminal Background Investigation;
Company: El Paso County
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A