Website El Paso Electric Company
Under the direction of the Financial Reporting Manager, assists with the Company’s financial reporting to internal management, debt holders, Sun Jupiter Parent LLC (Parent), Sun Jupiter Holdings LLC, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). Assists with the completion of the employee benefit plan audits and filings of the Department of Labor Form 5500s and assists supervising the financial reporting to external regulators which includes maintaining the integrity of the financial data in the Company’s general ledger system.
- Assists with EPE’s quarterly and year end GAAP submissions to debt holders, Parent, and internal management.
- Assists in the external financial filings with the FERC including financial statements, Extensible Business Reporting Language (XBRL) and other mandated financial disclosures following all rules and regulations for a privately owned utility company.
- Assists with the application of GAAP which includes implementing new FASB accounting pronouncements, and any FERC regulatory rules including compliance over internal control procedures.
- Assists with the required financial reporting for the employee benefit plans such as the filing of the annual 5500 and related benefit disclosure for the year end audit (s).
- Assists with the coordination requirements of external financial audits conducted by an internationally recognized accounting firm and federal and state regulatory commission audits.
- Ensures the completeness and accuracy of assigned journal entries, reconciliations and other monthly closing tasks.
- Develops and implements strategies for the section’s business process to ensure the most efficient way to perform section responsibilities and flow of information.
- Assists with the preparation of rates schedules and compliance filings, and interrogatories on historical financial information in rate proceedings.
- Assists with the Parent’s recordkeeping (maintain the general ledger and accounts, maintain the financial books and records, including a trial balance) as well as assist supervising the recordkeeping of Sun Jupiter Holdings LLC.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); Uniform System of Accounts, FERC, State Commission accounting procedures and reporting practices; research methods, accounting control procedures (internal controls), and supervisory techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with accounting software packages and proficient in the use of several software applications, including spreadsheets, databases, word processing, scheduling and presentation packages.
- Experience in the Company’s standard packages preferred (currently Microsoft Applications).
- Ability to effectively deal with external auditors for the year end GAAP annual audit for EPE and parent as well as for FERC reporting purposes.
- Experience with a related utility or national accounting firm with experience in utility accounting.
- Ability to assist with preparation of various schedules for the various benefit plans and perform reconciliations between Company records and those of the Trust.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and implement FASB accounting guidance, principles and exposure drafts and regulatory rules and regulations.
- Ability to assist with numerous tasks which includes the preparation, coordinating and filing of financial reports and statements with external regulatory entities.
- Ability to apply knowledge of GAAP to the preparation of financial statements, related footnotes, and Forms 5500 for multiple employee benefit plans filed with the Department of Labor (DOL).
Company: El Paso Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A