Website El Paso Electric Company
Under the general supervision of the Director of Supply Chain Management, manages complex contracting processes for numerous project and service requirements. Negotiates complex commercial terms and conditions in key contracts. Provides leadership and process mentoring to other Procurement personnel. Creates and retains knowledge of contracts being managed at various stages. Minimizes risk in contracting processes to support operating components’ service requirements, including recognizing appropriate contracting strategies, developing awareness of associated contracting risks, and qualifying contractors to assure appropriate criteria are adequately addressed.
- Leads planning processes to identify upcoming needs. Communicates with internal stakeholders regarding needs and solicits feedback and participation. Develops contracting strategies as required, given project or service requirements, and chooses contracting vehicles appropriate to situations.
- Acts as liaison between legal and supply chain management to assure transparency and cohesiveness around sourcing, contracting requirements, compliance and contract life cycle management.
- Implements processes reflecting consistency with procurement philosophies and related company policies. Manages certificate of insurance and rate schedule change processes.
- Qualifies or pre-qualifies contractors to assurance capabilities in areas such as safety and health, financial well-being (e.g. bonding capability), labor and equipment rates, employment/resource levels, licenses, reference checks and background check policy implementation. Develops approved contractors lists, maintain sub-contractor lists, and work with end users in scope development as appropriate.
- Negotiates complex commercial terms and conditions in key contracts. Analyzes RFP responses and guides selection processes. Develops awareness of associated risks with key stakeholders. Liaises with Legal and Risk Management staffs as required to ensure contractual terms and conditions are acceptable and serve to minimize risk. Manages lien waivers and progress payment processes. Manages records retention as required.
- Monitors contractor performance. Utilizes existing systems to manage contracts and related information. Tracks and documents scope of work changes. Communicates with contractors as focal point for ongoing issue resolution, including warranty issues.
- Provides work leadership and process mentoring to subordinate contract administrators and other Procurement personnel.
- Complies with all applicable Company policies, procedures and code of ethics as well as all applicable governmental laws and regulations to include employment, safety and environmental standards and regulations.
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of propriety concerning confidential matters.
- Knowledge of end-to-end P2P process.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with officers, managers, supervisors, fellow employees, representatives of the agencies, outside consultants and the general public.
- Proficiency and understanding of standard commercial terms, legal terms and dispute resolution techniques.
- Strong negotiation acumen.
- Familiarity of authoring contracts for construction, IT, services and capital projects.
- Knowledge of contract life cycle management.
- Ability to foresee and prevent local labor issues from arising due to use of outside contractors.
- Knowledge of contracting principles, practices and procedures; federal and state procurement regulations; formal and informal bid methods; negotiating techniques; contract requirements, administration and negotiation techniques, services and commodities applicable to electric utilities.
- Ability to accurately document contract administration activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience in supply chain management contract negotiation/ administration.
Company: El Paso Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A