Website El Paso Electric Company
Under the supervision of the Manager – Risk Management, is responsible for supporting the energy trading functions of Risk Management including EPE’s Energy Imbalance Market (EIM) Merchant activities, Arbitrage and Non-Arbitrage Power transactions, Transmission transactions, Gas Supply transactions, and the California Independent System Operator (CAISO) strategic initiatives.
- Monitor exposure to ensure the company remains within established credit limits. Promptly escalating potential issues as needed.
- Recommend appropriate credit limits for potential and current energy trading counterparties based on adequate quantitative and qualitative analysis of the counterparty, the applicable transaction, and the market.
- Daily monitor and analyze internal and external news and announcements about counterparties and markets to assess impact related to trading activities and communicate findings.
- Collaborate with trading staff to understand their trading strategies and to provide risk guidance. Convert strategies to risk impact to the company. Analyze, evaluate, and report on overall company risk posture.
- Perform ad hoc reporting as needed, assist with accounting issues and daily reporting processes.
- Ensure compliance with risk management policies and applicable regulation. Clearly communicating risk policy to the company and partners to ensure adherence and notifying Risk Management of non-compliance.
- Run and analyze simulations and impacts to the company bottom line including building and/or troubleshooting models for valuation as needed.
- Communicate with counterparties to ensure credit requirements are met to facilitate trading.
- Assist in confirmations management and maintaining credit support documents.
- Analyze portfolio positions, exposures, and risk metrics and assess if they meet the limits in risk policies.
- Conduct analysis and create reporting of key risk performance indicators and metrics to help the Company measure the effectiveness of overall energy market performance, and support merchant and entity in identifying operational opportunities and developing operational and bidding strategies.
- Monitor and mitigate credit exposure, including collateral / margin calls, identifying risk concentrations, and reporting.
- Participate in ongoing systems development and documentation, as well as data integrity maintenance and monitoring.
- Strong decision-making skills, problem solving analysis, and strong verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with officers, managers, fellow employees, and the general public.
- Experience with data analysis, risk modeling, and/or simulation tools.
- Ability to engage and work effectively with business management, across departments, and with staff, including partnering and collaborating with various internal departments for the identification and trending of industry and business model risks for summation and reporting to senior management.
- Experience in the areas of resource management, energy trading and/or risk management with a strong focus on front-, middle-, and back-office process and controls assessments.
- Ability to maintain a strong sense of propriety concerning confidential matters.
- Experience with commodity credit practices and policies.
- Strong client facing, communication skills, including excellent written, oral, analytical, and presentation skills required.
- Knowledge of Western US power and natural gas markets, with strong quantitative and financial modeling skills required.
- Project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet daily deadlines as well as longer term deliverables.
- Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving energy trading business.
- Experience in the power/energy industry.
Company: El Paso Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A