Website Federal Bureau of Investigation
Whether the day’s work entails conducting surveillance, identifying leads, interviewing suspects or advising on national security, our work is far more than a typical 9 to 5. Because our Special Agents bring varied backgrounds and knowledge to their role — from educators, athletes and IT specialists to lawyers, linguists and counselors — collectively, they bring their skill sets and unique talents to focus on cybercrime, counterintelligence, counterterrorism and beyond.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Work a minimum of a 50-hour workweek, which may include irregular hours, and be on-call 24/7, including holidays and weekends.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Pass all physical fitness requirements; must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Be willing and able to participate in arrests, execute search warrants, raids and similar assignments.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with at least six months driving experience.
- Meet the FBI’s Employment Eligibility requirements.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
- Have two years of full-time professional work experience (see work experience waiver for exceptions).
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
Company: Federal Bureau of Investigation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A