Website Food and Drug Administration
This Direct-Hire position is in Food and Drug Administration, located in the Center for Devices and Radiological Health. CDRH assures that patients and providers have access to safe, effective, and high-quality medical devices and safe radiation-emitting products. CDRH facilitates medical devices innovation by advancing regulatory science, providing industry with consistent, transparent, and efficient regulatory pathways, and assuring consumer confidence in devices marketed in the U.S.
- As a Veterinary Medical Officer (VMO) within OHT, the incumbent promotes the health and welfare of both animals and the public through diagnosis, treatment, prevention, and understanding of animal diseases.
- Contribute to the development of new review practices, policies, guidance documents and regulations within areas of knowledge or expertise.
- Provide recommendations and veterinary medical expertise to other review organizations and Center review scientists, staff, representatives of regulated industry, international regulatory counterparts, and subject matter experts in the field.
- This position(s) is located in the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Devices and Radiological Heath (CDRH), Office of Health Technology 3 (OHT3), in Silver Spring, Maryland.
Certification of Accuracy: All information concerning eligibility and qualification is subject to investigation and verification. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, or appropriate legal action.
Direct Deposit: You will be required to have all federal salary payments electronically deposited into a bank account with a financial institution of your choice.
Citizenship Requirement: You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this advertisement unless explicitly stated otherwise.
FDA participates in e-Verify: All new hires must complete the I-9 form; this information will be processed through e-Verify to determine your employment eligibility. If a discrepancy arises, you must take affirmative steps to resolve the matter.
Background Investigation Requirement: All employees must pass a security investigation. Failing to pass the background check may be grounds for removal or legal action. If hired, you may be subject to additional investigations at a later time.
Qualification & Experience:
- Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. The specialized experience must demonstrate one year of full-time work experience , or the equivalent if part-time (for example, an employee working 20 hours per week for a 12-month period should be credited with 6 months of experience.) Experience may have been obtained in either the federal service or its equivalent with state or local government, the private sector, or nongovernmental organizations.
- You must have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-11 or equivalent band level of responsibility in the Federal service to include participating in the review of animal study-based scientific and clinical information to evaluate whether the information supports safety of a medical therapy; and working with customers and/or stakeholders related to animal-derived clinical data.
- Have a master’s degree in an area of specialization, including but not limited to, animal science, avian medicine, food safety, infectious diseases, veterinary clinical sciences, pathobiology, biomedical sciences, veterinary anatomy, veterinary preventive medicine, comparative biological sciences, epidemiology, veterinary parasitology, molecular veterinary biosciences, public health, microbiology, pathology, immunology, laboratory animal medicine, toxicology, wildlife, zoological animal medicine, or sciences related to the work of a veterinary medical officer position. (Must submit transcripts to support dual degree).
Company: Food and Drug Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Healthcare
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A