This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Center for Tobacco Products (CTP), Office of Science (OS), Division of Population Health Science (DPHS).
- Analyzes data obtained from epidemiologic studies and surveillance systems designed to investigate tobacco use behavior, its determinants, and/or health impacts.
- Evaluates and assesses epidemiologic study proposals, protocols, analyses, and reports submitted to by external sources.
- Publishes research findings in the peer-reviewed literature and presents at professional meetings and conferences.
- Provide scientific advice and technical assistance on issues related to the epidemiology of tobacco products to various stakeholders.
Direct Deposit: You will be required to have all federal salary payments electronically deposited into a bank account with a financial institution of your choice.
Certification of Accuracy: All information concerning eligibility and qualification is subject to investigation and verification. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection, or appropriate legal action.
Background Investigation Requirement: All employees must pass a security investigation. Failing to pass the background check may be grounds for removal or legal action. If hired, you may be subject to additional investigations at a later time.
You must meet ALL requirements by the closing date of this announcement to be considered. Only education, experience, and qualifications attained by this date will be considered. You must continue to meet all requirements through the hiring process.
Time-in-Grade Requirement: If you are applying as a current Federal employee, you must meet the time-in-grade requirements described in the
Qualifications section, generally, 52-weeks of comparable experience at the next lowest grade.
Selective Service Registration: All applicants born male, on (or after) 12/31/1959, must be registered with the Selective Service System OR have an approved exemption. Visit www.SSS.gov for more info.
FDA participates in e-Verify: All new hires must complete the I-9 form; this information will be processed through e-Verify to determine your
employment eligibility. If a discrepancy arises, you must take affirmative steps to resolve the matter.
Citizenship Requirement: You must be a U.S. Citizen to be considered for this advertisement unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or graduate/higher level degree: major study in an academic field related to the medical field, health sciences or allied sciences appropriate to the work of the position.
- Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position, and that is typically in or related to the work of the position to be filled. The specialized experience must demonstrate one year of full-time work experience , or the equivalent if part-time (for example, an employee working 20 hours per week for a 12-month period should be credited with 6 months of experience.) Experience may have been obtained in either the federal service or its equivalent with state or local government, the private sector, or nongovernmental organizations.
- Applicants must have one year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Service, which includes planning, designing, and conducting epidemiologic studies and surveys on tobacco and/or other regulated products that analyzes public health issues and their impact on public health policies and preparing and communicating reports documenting the epidemiological findings.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A