Website Federal Law Enforcement
The Quality & Food Safety Supervisor is responsible for leading, developing, managing, and executing all quality systems required within their area of responsibility. This includes working with suppliers and manufacturing staff. Responsible for the strategic development and auditing of Quality systems such as, SQF (Safe Quality Foods), HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points), GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) for plant Quality department while providing day to day QA leadership to ensure all products shipped are food safe and meet customer expectations.
- Works to develop strategies and tactics for improving operation efficiencies while improving service levels
- Work with Operations to analyze and determine causes of all discrepancies
- Maintenance of cycle count results history
- Ensure compliance with established procedures and maintain effective control over the physical product flow and accounting of inventory receiving, shipping and other inventory areas
- Reporting of all cycle counts results
- Cycle count all inventory as per designated schedule.
- Handle all inventory claims in the allotted time frame established
- Processing of all discrepancy transactions through the JD Edwards system
Other duties as assigned.
- Control and process in house damaged product, research as necessary for prevention
- Work closely with shipping and receiving to control shrinkage and maintain accurate inventory
- Verify correct deliveries and shipments with packing slips and sales orders
- SQF Practitioner and HACCP Certifications is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Food Safety (HACCP principals, GMPs, SOPs and SSOPs, Pest Control, Allergen Control & Recall programs).
- Experience working directly with customers and supplier.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of work experience is required.
- Lead ‘best in class’ behaviors with focus on food safety, quality assurance, and plant.
- Planning and implementing preventative systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process control, quality assurance techniques and tools and quality management principles in a food
- manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science Degree is preferred.
- PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) is a plus.
- Direct experience with AIB, SQF or similar food industry production audits.
- Experience with FDA standards.
Company: Federal Law Enforcement
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Military
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A