Website Federal Reserve Board
Typically an economist is involved in activities that support the Board’s efforts in monetary policy and financial regulation: the analysis and forecasting of developments in the domestic and international economies and financial markets, analysis of options for regulatory decisions, development and maintenance of relevant economic data, or long-range research aimed at improving the theoretical and quantitative analysis used at the Board and by the economics profession generally.
- The Economist will contribute to the research, analysis, and primary data collection conducted by the Division of Consumer and Community Affairs to better understand the financial conditions of communities and the consumers therein.
- This includes research on economic disparities among low- and moderate-income communities and consumers.
- It may include research on community development efforts designed to improve financial conditions and/or research focused on consumer finances and financial behavior.
- Candidates with significant expertise and relevant work experience may be considered for Grade FR 29 Senior Economist.
- The preferred candidate must demonstrate strong analytical abilities, familiarity with relevant data sources, excellent communication skills, and sensitivity to the Board’s priorities. Interest and/or expertise related to low- and moderate-income communities and individuals is a must.
- Expertise related to survey methodology or survey administration is highly valued.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrates knowledge of and competence in applied theoretical and quantitative techniques in economic fields closely related to community development or consumer finance (such as economic development, urban/regional economics, labor economics, etc.) typically accomplished by completion (or near completion) of a Ph.D. degree.
Company: Federal Reserve Board
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A