Website Federal Reserve Board
The Financial Systems Analyst (FSA) is responsible for the analysis of System economic, financial and structure data; the development of requirements for automated collection and analysis tools; and the implementation of those tools; and the testing and quality assurance techniques associated with system development. The FSA is expected to have a good understanding of the underlying accounting and economic theories that characterize the Board’s regulatory and reporting requirements and should have a sound understanding of data processing capabilities.
- Thorough understanding of information processing issues and environments (e.g., distributed and web), ), good understanding of telecommunications concepts, and good knowledge of various software such as SAS, SQL, Tableau, Python, R, and Microsoft Excel.
- Thorough understanding of analytical techniques involved in financial data analysis such as ratio analysis, peer analysis, trend analysis, and statistical modeling.
- Develops professional skills. Maintains awareness of evolving information processing technologies and financial industry trends through professional publications and outside contacts.
- Identifies appropriate directions for professional development, and works with other staff and line management to determine appropriate activities to bring about that development.
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong analytical ability and oral and written communications skills typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in economics, finance, accounting, information systems or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of financial/accounting principles relating to System reports, and knowledge of the processing systems that support the Statistics Function typically acquired through a minimum of six months to one year of related work experience.
Company: Federal Reserve Board
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Los Angeles, GA, US
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A