Website Federal Reserve Board
Reporting to the senior associate director, provides the leadership for the enterprise architecture function, including the development of strategies for how the architecture will be managed from an end-to-end perspective, in support of Board and System initiatives.
- Develops and evaluates requests for proposals for enterprise-level services and products, determining the technical feasibility, cost, benefits, and other resources needed to implement systems which may be hosted either on-premises or in the cloud.
- Provides strategic leadership to various operational committees including the Board IT Architecture (ITA), Architecture Review Board (ARB), and other enterprise-level architectural committees (as needed) on behalf of Board IT.
- Provides strategic leadership for IT business relationships and partnerships. Works with internal and external (to the Board) customers to identify business capabilities, and to map these capabilities to existing software solutions to support solution re-use and analysis.
- Develops strategic partnerships with business owners of various Board divisions and represents the Board on System committees to ensure alignment with business objectives, and technology-related strategy and standards.
- Provides the leadership for the governance of enterprise architecture, including the development of governance strategies and activities for enterprise platforms (including cloud-based and on-premises systems) and for the corresponding sub-domains within the enterprise architecture landscape.
- Provides strategic leadership for enterprise architecture, and partners with internal and external (to the Board) software delivery teams to ensure architectural alignment and adherence to software standards (e.g., design patterns), as required, for enterprise solutions.
- Responsible for understanding Board business capability needs and for characterizing the application of technology and service delivery by understanding Board users’ computing and data requirements, the alignment of business drivers and technology investments with the Board’s strategic plan, and contributions towards setting strategic direction as business needs change and technology evolves.
- Maintains an understanding of and oversees adoption of reusable solutions to meet common or multi-divisional needs within a given context by applying software best practices (e.g., secure coding) and standards (e.g., design patterns).
- This position will have direct management responsibility for the staff that support Enterprise Architecture, IT Strategy and Business Partnership, and IT Transformation. Directly manages multiple units, consisting of managers and analysts. Provides developmental opportunities for managers and staff and works to increase organizational productivity.
- Enhances IT’s ability to achieve high-priority business outcomes for its customers by identifying and leading the adoption of best practices and innovative methods for how IT conducts product and service delivery, with an eye towards faster and easier implementation of new solutions, and the scalability to provide these business outcomes on-demand.
- Works collaboratively with senior IT leadership to develop strategies and supporting architectures and road maps for the practical application of both emerging and prevailing technology that support business objectives while securing Board information assets.
- Ability to operate under pressure to meet deadlines accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to the Board and individual members thereof, senior Board staff, other Board and Reserve Bank staff: and staff at other government agencies and in the private sector on complex and technical matters.
- Ability to exercise independent and sound judgment in establishing objectives for assigned area(s) of responsibility that provide support and services for the divisions and Board’s missions.
- Ability to be an effective spokesperson and advocate for the Board and the division in outside contacts, which may involve significant business dealings.
- Ability to translate customer service and organizational development theories and best practices into effective strategies for adoption in area(s) of responsibility to achieve and maintain high levels of customer service.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience architecting and designing multi-tier, high availability applications with modern web and cloud-based technologies.
- Demonstrated experience serving as a lead architect for a large-scale solution implementation (e.g., solution to support 500+ users) of high complexity (e.g., multi-tiered solution which requires architecture orchestration and alignment across multiple delivery teams).
- 10 years of related technical experience including 5 years of experience managing people.
- Demonstrated experience leading IT-related change management activities for a large organization (500+ users), including establishing and overseeing enterprise architecture governance for large (500+ users), multi-tier applications which span multiple lines of busines or divisions within an organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
Company: Federal Reserve Board
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: N/A