This position is being announced under FEMA’s Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 4 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
- secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters.
- We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
- When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support
- Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident.
- We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Travel will be required.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Assisting in the development of communications products, strategies and plans;
- Gathering and developing information to present to stakeholders.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A