The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has an immediate need to employ residents of Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Houma LA as temporary local hires to assist with disaster response and recovery efforts. Local hire employees are local residents who aid in the recovery of the community and help their fellow citizens in the recovery process.
- Working with the applicants to resolve his/her program related needs and ensuring projects are processed as efficiently and expeditiously as possible.
- Engaging program offices as soon as potential opportunities or concerns arise.
- Hosting key information meetings to ensure recovery priorities and program eligibility requirements are communicated.
- Facilitating the delivery of Public Assistance grant funding on behalf of applicants including developing a list of damaged sites, scheduling site inspections, summarizing applicant damages, and coordinating requests for information and questions.
- Gathering all required documentation to enable FEMA to write grants so the applicant can be returned to his/her Pre-Disaster condition as soon as possible.
- Tracking and communicating the progress of all projects through the entire program delivery model in coordination with the applicant.
- Discussing potential Hazard Mitigation opportunities with the applicant.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional conditions.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum age of eighteen years of age is required.
- All candidates must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jackson, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A