When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to support survivors and first responders in communities all across the United States of America and its territories. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
- Managing commercial offices varying in size, scope, and complexity to include ensuring building heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC), fire alarms systems, and exit lighting are in working order and reporting facility maintenance issues to property management.
- Ensuring that facilities are adequate to support staffing levels and mission requirements such as: square footage, parking, restrooms, electrical, loading dock, environmental controls, program area facility requirements, and that the facility complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Establishing building floor plans for assigned field offices by designing the floor plans in conjunction with the appropriate site managers which includes office equipment, supply area, functional layout, and Information Technology (IT) requirements.
- Providing contract oversight to disaster field offices contracts by communicating with vendors to ensure contacts are being fulfilled for building repairs and maintenance.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Travel will be required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
Qualification & Experience:
- A master’s or equivalent graduate degree
- 2 full years of progressively higher-level graduate education leading to such a degree LL.B. or J.D., if related.
- Minimum age of eighteen years of age is required.
- All candidates must be a high school graduate or possess a GED.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A