This position is being announced under FEMA’s Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery Employee (CORE) Program. This is a temporary appointment in the Excepted Service, not to exceed 2 years, with the option to extend based on workload and funding availability. Veterans Preference does not apply to the CORE selection process.
- Maintaining accountability for safety of personnel and property assigned to support the disaster operation.
- Identifying staffing and facility requirements and ensuring assigned joint field offices and branch offices are adequately staffed to support operational needs.
- Coordinating with Region III senior leadership and designated Federal Coordinating Officer on the resolution of complex program delivery issues.
- Maintaining financial oversight to ensure the operation is efficient and effective.
- Facilitating high-profile, potentially contentious meetings to explain written determinations.
- Serving as the lead field coordinator between Federal, State, local and FEMA personnel in partnership with the designated Federal and State Coordinating Officers.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to be considered for this position.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
- Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
- You must successfully pass a background investigation.
- Selective service registration is required for males born after 12/31/59.
- Travel will be required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montgomery, AL, US
Application Deadline: N/A