The ideal candidate for this position will have knowledge on FEMA’s HR, finance, and budgeting procedures. Candidate will have excellent communication skills, exceptional organizational skills, superb professionalism, outstanding collaborative skills and a willingness to learn. This position starts at a salary of $106,823 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the team within FEMA.
- Participates in budget planning for the division. Tracks and/or monitors division expenditures and reports findings to Director. Consolidates data and produces financial reports for management use in evaluating the financial status of major programs and/or operations.
- Provides advice and recommendations, both orally and in writing, on the administrative feasibility of operating plans, suggestions, and proposals. Works with management on planning organizational needs, schedules, meetings and operations.
- Conducts a substantive review of correspondence prepared for signature of organization executives. Assures that responses to interest group representatives and clients are consistent with FEMA policies and FEMA position on difficult or complex matters.
- Serves as the principal advisor to the Director on all administrative management matters associated with programs and operations as well as serve as the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) on all contracts with business vendors and Inter Agency Agreements (IAA) with designated Federal departments and agencies in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations, DHS, and FEMA policies.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
You must successfully pass a background investigation.
Selective Service registration required.
Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
Current federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements.
Qualification & Experience:
- Current Federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade or equivalent grade band in the Federal service. The time-in-grade and qualification requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.You qualify for this position at the GS-13 level (starting salary $106,823) if you possess the following: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-12) in the Federal Service.
- This experience may have been gained in the federal government, a state or local government, a non-profit organization, the private sector, or as a volunteer; however, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of specialized experience. Specialized experience for this position includes:
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A