The ideal candidate for this position has knowledge of the National Flood Insurance Program and can apply program evaluation & measurement techniques to determine compliance used by emergency management organizations. This position starts at a salary of $121,873 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Mitigation Division, Floodplain Management & Insurance Branch team within FEMA.
- Performing as a spokesperson and expert at conferences, meetings, committees, and working groups to encourage and foster a multi-hazard, community-based approach to mitigation activities at the Federal, State, and local levels by both governmental and private sector entities.
- Supporting the coordination and development of mitigation training, exercises, and assistance.
- Serving as a senior expert authority developing, modifying, coordinating, and implementing policy, procedures, standards, and criteria on emergency management for development of outreach plans and procedures for the region-wide products and services.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and making recommendations on emerging and critical issues arising from disaster activities or program implementation.
You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this position.
Please review “Other Information” section for additional key requirements.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government credit card.
You must successfully pass a background investigation.
Selective Service registration required.
Qualification & Experience:
- You qualify for this position at the GS-13 level (starting salary $121,873) if you possess the following: One full year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade (GS-12) in the Federal Service. This experience may have been gained in the federal government, a state or local government, a non-profit organization, the private sector, or as a volunteer; however, your resume must clearly describe at least one year of specialized experience.
- Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- Qualifications are based on breadth/level of experience. In addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from MM/YY to MM/YY) and the number of hours worked per week if part time. As qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, failure to provide this information may result in disqualification.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: Oakland, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A