Website Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
The effectiveness of the Department’s law enforcement and legal responsibilities depends upon the continued recruitment and hiring of excellent and diverse legal talent. We recognize the need for attorneys of varied backgrounds and skills, and offer an inclusive environment that relies on diverse perspectives to ensure that we effectively serve the American people.
- Experienced attorney hiring is decentralized. Each office, including the United States Attorneys’ Offices, conducts its own recruitment for experienced attorneys. Attorney applicants must apply separately to specific vacancy announcements listed on the Department’s web page at https://www.justice.gov/legal-careers/attorneys-vacancies.
- For more information about working at the Department and about a particular organization within the Department, please consult the Legal Careers web page at https://www.justice.gov/legal-careers/attorneys-vacancies.
- The Department of Justice is firmly committed to satisfying its affirmative obligations under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, to ensure that persons with disabilities have equal opportunity to be hired and advanced on the basis of merit.
- Experience litigating criminal or civil cases in the federal sector or in the federal courts. Experience in a Financial Litigation Program or
- Financial Litigation Unit within the Department of Justice, and/or knowledge of, laws governing federal criminal restitution and financial litigation (including the Federal Debt Collections Procedures Act) is desirable.
- Experience working collaboratively with a wide variety of attorneys and non-attorney professionals is also preferred.
Company: Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A