Enforce Laws. Enforce ordinances and laws regulating fire prevention and the investigation of the origin, cause and circumstances of fires Technical Assistance. Upon request, give advice concerning private fire alarm systems, fire extinguishing equipment, fire escapes and exits and development of fire emergency plans.
- Property. Exercise and have control over the use, maintenance, and operation of all fire apparatus, tools, equipment and other property used by or belonging to the fire department. Establish controls and reports to ensure firefighting equipment is inspected and tested.
- Control of Scenes.
- Prohibit an individual, vehicle or vessel from approaching a fire scene and remove from the scene any object, vehicle, vessel or individual that may impede or interfere with the operation of the fire department.
- Authority to Barricade. When in charge of a fire scene, place or erect ropes, guards, barricades or other obstructions across a street, alley, right-of-way, or private property near the location of the fire or emergency so as to prevent accidents or interference with the firefighting efforts of the fire department, to control the scene until any required investigation is complete, or to preserve evidence related to the fire or other emergency.
- Be charged with the duty of maintaining the efficiency, discipline and control of the fire department. The members of the fire department shall, at all times, be subject to the direction of the Fire Chief.
- Authority at Fires. Direct operations as necessary to extinguish or control a fire, perform a rescue operation, investigate the existence of a
- suspected or reported fire, gas leak, or other hazardous condition, or take any other action deemed necessary in the reasonable performance of the department’s duties.
- Must be bondable.
- Requires residency within 5-miles of city limits within 90-days of successful completion of required probationary period.
- Must possess a valid Iowa driver’s license.
- Successfully pass pre-employment physical including drug and alcohol testing.
- (B) Knowledge of the NFPA 1001 and 1002 Firefighter Training Standard and Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
applicable local bylaws, County regulations, Federal acts and standards.
- (D) Knowledge of the community and fire protection area.
- (C) Knowledge and training in Incident Command System (ICS).
- Knowledge of Fire Department Operational Guidelines, policies, procedures and
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Grad/GED : Graduation from high school or possession of a GED Certificate
- Experience: See job description
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Paramedic
Job Location: Claire, Iowa, US
Application Deadline: N/A