Under general supervision of the Company Officer, provides entry-level fire suppression, prevention and emergency response while training to become a Fire Fighter 1. Performs public education, rescue and emergency medical services for the residents and visitors of Los Alamos County, the National Nuclear Security Administration and the Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL). Maintains confidentiality of all privileged information.
- Be free of any mental or emotional condition, which might adversely affect performance.
- May be required to be examined by a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist.
- Successful completion of the physical agility standard requirements of the LAFD and annually thereafter.
- Successful completion of mandatory drug screening and subsequent random drug screenings.
- Successful completion of the background investigation, including FBI fingerprint check.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or other crime involving moral turpitude.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must possess, or ability to obtain within first thirty days of employment, and maintain a valid New Mexico CDL-E driver’s license. •Must promote to Firefighter 1 by the end of the probationary period.
- Must possess, or ability to obtain within probationary period, and maintain an EMT (B, I or P) license that qualifies for New Mexico Administrative Code 27.2 Certification and Licensing requirements, and maintain positive Medical Direction status. If non-New Mexico EMT, including Paramedic license, must pass New Mexico State licensing examination and achieve positive Medical Direction status before end of probationary period.
- Must obtain ICS 100, 200, 700, 800B and 804 certifications or equivalents by the end of probation
- Must be eighteen years of age.
- Successful completion of an examination by a licensed physician and be free of any physical condition as listed in the LAFD Medical Standards per NFPA 1582.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Albuquerque, NM, US
Application Deadline: N/A