This position is responsible for providing fire-suppression response to protect life and property by controlling and extinguishing fires. Responds to medical emergencies and after-effects of other hazardous conditions. This position also maintains firefighter equipment and provides training to the general public on fire prevention awareness/education. Performs other duties as assigned by Fire Captain/Lieutenant.
- Maintains apparatus and equipment for emergency response.
- Performs related tasks as required.
- Performs daily activities by completing incident reports and daily logs, entering records of equipment check and repairs and maintaining facility and grounds.
- Performs work during emergency/disaster situations.
- Assists with fire prevention/education programs.
- Receives and responds to fire/rescue related incidents. Performs duties related to emergency operations involving rescue, fire suppression, and hazardous materials incidents.
- Ensures personnel safety and compliance with CFR 1910.120.
- Assists County Fire Departments with pre-fire planning.
- Assists with initial fire investigations to determine cause and origin and request fire investigator on call as needed.
- Maintains considerable knowledge of firefighting, rescue, hazardous materials and other emergency related operations;
- Maintain a working knowledge of computer programs necessary to accurately use and maintain fire reports, inspection records, and other related systems and databases; Working knowledge of firefighting and fire behavior.
- Ability to conduct research to stay abreast on all aspects of current fire science and fire protection technology information;
- Knowledge of medical responder treatment protocols;
- Ability to assist county fire service on emergency incidents as required;
- Ability to effectively deal with the public during periods of extreme crisis;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with all segments of the population, often during high stress situations.
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma
- Equivalency and at least one (1) to two (2) years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A