The Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) is accepting applications for Firefighter/Rescuer I (Recruit) from December 19th, 2021 – January 7th, 2022. Please click on this link (directly below) in-order to apply.
- Recruit class duration will be 26 weeks.The Montgomery County (MD) Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS), an Accredited Agency, is a full spectrum life safety agency protecting about 500 square miles and over 1 million people who live and work in Maryland’s most populous jurisdiction. The MCFRS annually handles over 100,000 emergency calls for service and is staffed by nearly 1300 career uniformed men and women, a professional civilian staff and an equal number of volunteers, nearly half of whom are actively involved in emergency response. Our mission is to protect lives, property and the environment with comprehensive risk reduction programs, and safe and effective emergency response.
- Our hiring needs vary from year-to-year; however, it is our goal to continually recruit highly qualified and diverse candidates to join our organization. MCFRS delivers services to our customers with impartiality and excellence, promotes the highest standards of safety and welfare and serves with integrity and mutual respect.
- Montgomery County Firefighter/Rescuers perform manual and technical work in fire suppression prevention, rescue, communications, and emergency medical services primarily on a rotating 24-on/48-off shift work basis, which may require the highest level of sustained exertion and agility. Under the immediate supervision of designated fire/rescue officers, an employee in this class receives training in all aspects of suppressing and extinguishing fires, fire prevention, conducting emergency rescues and providing emergency medical assistance.
- Age: 18 years old at the time of appointment
- Education: High School graduate or equivalent acceptable to the State of Maryland
- Experience: None
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A