Website First Electric Cooperative
A Mechanized Trimmer Operator I is responsible for the safe operation and maintenance of a mechanized trimmer used to facilitate the adequate right of way clearance for distribution and/or transmission power lines. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI’s mission.
- Drives/operates ROW vehicles and equipment as necessary to safely and efficiently complete tasks and projects.
- Performs daily inspection and maintenance of chainsaws and safety equipment; must be able to safely and efficiently operate chainsaws.
- Performs right of way clearing duties, to include the following: bucket work, climbing work, ground clearing, cutting, chipping, piling, burning, and other disposal of brush.
- Safely operates mechanized trimmer to trim trees along right of way. Stop work and notify supervisor in the event of safety hazards.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment and keeps documentation of maintenance performed.
- Inspects ROW in front of equipment to flag obstacles (i.e. phone pedestals, guy wire, septic tanks/systems, water and gas lines/meters, etc.)
- Performs traffic control duties around work area as needed
- Must understand general safety rules and policies and promote good relations with other crew members, patron cooperatives, and the general public.
- At least 3 months experience and/or training.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Able to work in outside or inside working environment, wherein there are potentially hazardous working conditions and life-threatening situations exist (fire, chemical, moving mechanical parts, electrical sources, fumes, airborne particles, heights, dangerous people, etc.).
- Able to work in extreme heat or cold
- Able to work in extremely loud areas
- Able to perform highly repetitive and physical functions
- Must be able to travel to various locations and stay overnight as required to complete work assignments
Company: First Electric Cooperative
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Jacksonville, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A