Website First Electric Cooperative
A Bucket Truck Operator I is responsible for operating and maintaining the bucket trucks used for tree-trimming tasks associated with electrical power line right of way (ROW) maintenance, clearing, and re-clearing operations. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI’s mission.
- Performs daily inspection and maintenance of chainsaws and safety equipment; must be able to safely and efficiently operate chainsaws.
- Cuts danger trees and has the ability to rope and direct trees away from hazards.
- Operates bucket truck and aerial trimming equipment to trim trees within right of way.
- Clears overhang on single and three phase lines and removes dead or danger trees over and around power lines.
- Removes trees and brush from around structures such as houses, buildings, etc.; safely removes burning trees out of the powerlines.
- Reports to crew foreman regarding work related problems, material or supply needs, and equipment. Notifies supervisor in the event of safety hazards.
- Performs traffic control duties around work area as needed.
- Must understand general safety rules and policies and promote good relations with other crew members, patron cooperatives, and the general public.
- The ability to handle stress and work well with others are essential functions of this position.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Able to work in outside or inside working environment, wherein there are potentially hazardous working conditions and life-threatening situations exist (fire, chemical, moving mechanical parts, electrical sources, fumes, airborne particles, heights, dangerous people, etc.).
- Able to work in extreme heat or cold
- Able to work in extremely loud areas
- Able to perform highly repetitive and physical functions
- Must be able to travel to various locations and stay overnight as required to complete work assignments
Company: First Electric Cooperative
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Jacksonville, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A