Website Florida Department of Corrections
This is a highly advanced position requiring a minimum of five (5) years of professional work experience in the commercial construction field. This position is responsible for managing all phases of fixed capital outlay projects, maintenance, preventive maintenance, and new projects performed by Contract and Force Account procedures. This position serves as a team leader and advisor to other staff as well as a manager of maintenance, preventive maintenance, and construction projects wherein he/she maintains complete responsibility and administrative control. This working position will be responsible for completion of a renovation project with assistance from skilled work crews.
- The incumbent is responsible for providing quality professional care to the veteran residents to ensure their health, safety and security in accordance with established agency Standard Operating Procedures and Nurse Practice Act.
- Provide initial and ongoing assessment of the resident population.
- Perform assigned duties to include but not limited to administration of medications and treatments per MD order, monitoring and providing interventions to meet the needs of the resident, completing accurate clinical documentation reflective of resident’s current status and providing supervision and guidance to the RN, LPN, CNA and other Allied Health Care Professionals.
- Works under the direct supervision of the Executive Nursing Director (DON).
- Supervise and direct nursing personnel on an assigned shift.
- Ensure that the nursing personnel are following their job descriptions and that the residents are receiving total nursing care.
- Review shift assignments and ensure that the assignments reflect the ability of the staff person to meet the specific nursing care needs of the residents.
- Successful completion of the due diligence process to include, but not limited to, a Level II background check and drug test.
- Three (3) years of professional nursing, psychiatric nursing or nursing instructions experience.
- Willing to work weekends and/or holidays as required.
- One (1) year of supervisory experience.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in nursing or nursing education can substitute for one year of the required experience.
- Licensure as a Florida State Registered Professional Nurse.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word and basic computer skills.
- Must have a valid CPR certification.
Company: Florida Department of Corrections
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A