Website Florida Department of Corrections
The incumbent in this position will work for the Division of Blind Services in the Braille & Talking Book Library located in Daytona Beach. This position works under broad general supervision and will assist in the daily duties of the circulation section of the Braille and Talking Book Library. The employee will be expected to perform under tight timeframes and complete duties with minimal errors.
- Develop a working knowledge of the equipment used by the department; train and coach staff as needed in their use.
- Develop a general knowledge of the Keystone Library Automation System (KLAS).
- Assist with keeping all work areas clean, free of clutter and in compliance with all safety guidelines.
- Assist the Circulation Department Supervisor and colleagues with managing the shipping and receiving of daily Library materials from patrons throughout the State of Florida.
- Assist the Circulation Department Supervisor with inventory and management of National Library Service (NLS) issued equipment including the circulation and routine maintenance of the equipment as recommended by NLS guidelines.
- Work with colleagues daily to sort, inspect, and shelve returned Library materials.
- Work with colleagues to update material inventories and manage extra Library materials for the distribution to other network libraries and/or recycle.
- Assist staff with the management and matching of digital books and containers that are mismatched or have become separated in transit.
- Ability to thoroughly learn the procedures for managing the Library’s inventory of digital talking book machines.
- Ability to safely operate a pallet jack and scissor lift.
- Two years of secretarial or clerical work experience.
- A high school diploma or its equivalent can substitute for one year of the required work experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- The employee will be required to walk, stand, bend as well as be able to lift a maximum of 25 pounds.
Company: Florida Department of Corrections
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A