Website Florida Department of Corrections
This advertisement is for a Career Service position located at Tomoka Correctional Institution in the Food Service Department.
- Provide escort to resident appointments when required.
- Perform restorative nursing measures as outlined in the care plan.
- Perform simple nursing measures such as, but not limited to, applying splints and positioning devices, making occupied and unoccupied beds, changing linens, etc.
- Accept assigned duties in a cooperative manner.
- Complete assignments timely, completely and accurately.
- Observe, monitor and report symptoms of potential skin breakdown and/or pressure ulcers to primary nurse.
- Measure and record vital signs as assigned.
- Measure and record intake and output according to the care plan.
- The incumbent will be responsible for providing the assistance necessary when giving residents the following Activities of Daily Living nursing care: oral hygiene; bathing; dressing and grooming; hair and nail care; shaving; toileting; assistance with meals, nourishments and transportation to meal service areas, and mobility.
- Routinely observe, identify and report resident concerns/needs to supervisor.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have a current Florida licensure as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Must be willing and able to work a schedule that is inclusive of weekends and holidays.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Successful completion of the due diligence process, to include but not limited to, a Level II Background check and drug screen.
Company: Florida Department of Corrections
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A