Website Florida Department of Corrections
The incumbent in this position is considered to have regulatory responsibilities and is subject to the provisions of Chapter 60L-36, Florida Administrative Code. The incumbent in this position is expected to become familiar in the Department’s reentry initiatives; display leadership skills that demonstrate the Department’s commitment to reentry efforts while maintaining a professional demeanor. The incumbent in this position is expected to perform other duties as necessary.
- Provides technical assistance, consultative services and direction for development, implementation, evaluation and expansion of programs of service in public agencies and local governments.
- Prepares manuals and trains workers in use of new forms, reports, procedures or equipment, according to organizational policy.
- Reviews, analyzes, and researches legislative issues and prepares analysis of the projected effect of any proposed legislation or action.
- Plans and conducts studies of problems and procedures.
Prepares and compiles data for legislative budget requests and long range program plans.
- Reviews programs, services, forms and reports, and confers with management and users to identify problems and improvements.
- Reviews documents and/or contacts appropriate parties to ensure compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory requirements and court orders.
- Researches and recommends purchases to management.
- Plans, coordinates and/or presents statewide and regional conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Gathers and organizes information on problems or procedures.
- Designs, evaluates, recommends, and approves changes based on need and analysis.
- Analyzes data gathered and develops solutions or alternative methods of proceeding.
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetical calculations.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection.
Company: Florida Department of Corrections
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A