Website Florida Department of Corrections
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
- Under supervision, using standard operating procedures, performs a variety of routine chemical or physical tests and analyses of foods in a timely manner, which may include instrumentation.
- Verifies the analytical results generated and provides peer review of results.
- Maintains personal expertise in analytical procedures, instrument technology, quality assurance and improvement through self-motivation. Complies with state and department policies and procedures for analysis of foods.
- Provides support to the State Hemp Program.
- Works with supervisor, staff and laboratory quality manager to ensure quality assurance and ultimately, improvement, as required under ISO 17025. Works to make inventories (equipment and chemical/reagent) current and complete.
- Knowledge of the terminology, principles and techniques of chemical research, analysis or testing.
- Knowledge of the procedures, techniques, and equipment used in laboratory testing and analysis.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection.
- Skill in the use of scientific laboratory equipment.
- Ability to collect, record, and analyze scientific data relating to chemistry.
- Ability to conduct chemical analyses using scientific methods and techniques.
- Ability to perform quantitative analysis of scientific data.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to keep accurate research records.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
Company: Florida Department of Corrections
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A