Website Florida Department of Corrections
Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements.
- Complete the IT60 initial audit form.
- Conduct Payee ID name search prior to Court-ordered Payment System account entry.
- This position requires specialized fiscal control knowledge and is responsible for processing all payments to the Court-ordered Payment System (COPS) by offenders, at the office or by mail. Issues receipts, completes deposits.
- Makes required changes to the COPS database to ensure accurate records and audit trail.
- Completes entry of offender information on appropriate Offender Based Information (OBIS) screens.
- Performs clerical duties related to all out-going and incoming mail including security of postage meter and day-to-day usage records. Maintains a record of all files returned to the main inactive file room.
- Performs clerical duties related to ensure COPS data is accurate. Complete Court -Ordered Payment System input (initial account entry) and change forms to assist supervising officers.
- Review screen print with supervision order for accurate entry. Opens all incoming mail maintaining security on monetary documents and distributes to appropriate staff other mailed matters.
- Verifies offender identification number on money order(s) maintains payment logs on each day activity, reconciles payments, receipts and bank deposits.
- Maintains security of pre-numbered receipt books and monetary documents received in designated area and files on a daily basis receipt log and related data documents to ensure an appropriate audit trail.
- Review the screen print of the sentence structure and compare with the supervision order to verify accurate data entry.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetical calculations.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to review data for accuracy and completeness.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work activities.
- Ability to prepare reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of correct grammar usage.
- Ability to develop and implement office procedures.
Company: Florida Department of Corrections
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tampa, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A