Website Florida Department of Corrections
The Human Services Program Consultant works with DBS clients and local businesses and other federal, state, public and non-profit employers, providing unique, specialized services to blind adults and children through the vision rehabilitation process, including advocacy, referral and resource development, counseling and guidance, and all other aspects of Independent Living, Children’s, and Vocational Rehabilitation Services.
- Participate in job development, placement and follow-up activities of clients and utilize specific assessment tools as directed by policies and procedures.
- Coordinate necessary services such as independent living skills, assistive technology, orientation & mobility, supported employment, communication and vocational skills training with local providers
- Provide and document required client contacts, initial interview assessments, plan development, closure reports, and implements and coordinates services in accordance with timeframes, policies, and procedures specified in the case service manual.
- Utilize understanding of education and training programs for blind and visually impaired clients to increase attainment of recognized post-secondary credentials that align with the skill needs of industries that lead to career pathways.
- Model and demonstrate the principals of flexibility, adaptability, and approachability – while adhering to applicable laws, rules, policies and procedures.
- Provide unique, specialized services to blind adults and children throughout the vision rehabilitation process including advocacy, referral and resource development, counseling and guidance, and all other aspects of Independent Living, Children’s, and Vocational Rehabilitation services.
- Ensure services are expedited to applicants and clients with actual job offers and those who are at risk of losing employment.
- Conduct outreach activities to increase on-the-job training, apprenticeships, work-based learning, volunteering, and employment opportunities.
- Develop and amend Individualized Plans of Employment reflecting required and appropriate services necessary for the client to obtain or maintain competitive integrated employment paying above subminimum wages.
- Obtain and interpret eye medical/other information to determine eligibility for services in accordance with program procedures.
- Exhibit effective communication, collaboration, and cooperation.
- Maintain and practice a current understanding of DOE and DBS policies and guidelines regarding information security.
- Focus on career pathways by coordinating with education/training programs that provide workforce preparation activities, programs, and services designed to help an individual acquire a combination of academic knowledge and skills.
- Knowledge of methods of compiling, organizing and analyzing data.
- Ability to formulate policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage people.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to assess budgetary needs.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to develop various reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct programs or activities.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
Company: Florida Department of Corrections
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A