Website FL Department of Revenue
This position serves as the Human Resource (HR) Liaison for the DBS District 10 Office, located in West Palm Beach, Florida. This is work providing high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing reports, handling information requests, assisting with program management, assisting with constituents, and performing administrative and clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings. As an HR Liaison, the incumbent in this position prepares personnel recommendation packets, routes personnel packets, assists with hiring and recruitment activities and works closely with State Office Human Resource staff.
- Interprets administrative and operating policies and procedures.
- Reads and responds to correspondence.
- Assists with Human Resource duties, which may include preparing hiring packets, separation packets, recruitment and selection, preparing for interviews, and completing various HR-related forms.
- Stays abreast of administrative rules and policies to interpret established policy and applies appropriately to maintain office functionality.
- Maintains various databases.
- Serves as the District Office fleet point of contact; this includes preparing fleet/vehicle reports, providing maintenance to the vehicle, cleaning the vehicle, fueling the vehicle, repairing the vehicle, etc.
- Coordinates and directs office services, such as records and budget preparation, contact management and personnel, and related duties to assist the District
- Administrator and Assistant District Administrator as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of budgets, budget amendments, and budget requests.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports.
- Files, maintains, stores, retrieves, or reproduces documents, records, and reports ondemand.
- Reviews and prepares agenda materials.
- Represents executive at meetings and on the phone as needed.
- Assists with the preparation of publications and other materials.
- Prepares travel authorizations, reimbursements, secures accommodations, coordinates travel arrangements, etc.
- Makes recommendations for solutions to administrative problems by preparing reports, (which may include financial reports), by preparing applications, and possibly by preparing administrative orders.
- Studies management methods to improve workflow, simplify reporting procedures, or implement cost reductions.
- Analyzes operating practices and procedures to create new or to revise existing methods.
- Plans meetings and/or conferences.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to deal with the public in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective communication.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetical calculations.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledge of office procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
Company: FL Department of Revenue
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Tallahassee, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A