Website FL Department of Revenue
A CLS attorney has primary responsibility for multiple cases and must ensure Florida and federal legal requirements are met to secure permanent and safe homes for dependent children. A CLS attorney collaborates with investigators and case managers to gather the evidence necessary to support the legal action that is appropriate for each child and prepares those partners to serve as witnesses at trial. CLS attorneys advocate for children by employing best practice litigation techniques so that our pleadings and trial presentations lead the nation in dependency advocacy.
- This includes: responding to multiple queues based on customer inquiries from citizens without a case, parents due support and parents who owe support, collecting and reviewing documents pertaining to child support cases or activities to ensure they are accurate and logging customers into the Child Support system and update the system while conducting telephone, webchat, or face-to-face interviews.
- They will also directly handle escalated customer inquiries and concerns, assess cases, review supporting documentation and take the next appropriate step. Contact business partners to confirm and gather information and review and update critical data fields.
- In addition, this role requires knowledge of multiple child support processes to complete activities associated with serving Child Support customers.
- Law Degree
- Minimum of 2 years bar admission
- Fulfillment of all CLE requirements through webinars and live trainings on topics including case law updates, statutory changes, courtroom skills, evidence, ethics, and legal writing.
- Quarterly intensive multi-day New Attorney Training conducted by certified trainers
- Multi-week onboarding program created by trainers certified by the National Institute for Trial Advocacy
- Annual multi-day Advanced Litigation Academy conducted by certified trainers
- Litigation experience preferred
- Strong communication and writing skills
Company: FL Department of Revenue
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A