Website Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Serves as the principal advisor to the Administrator, Deputy Administrator, and Chief Safety Officer of FMCSA on enforcement, compliance, and passenger carrier, hazardous materials programs, household goods, Commercial Driver’s License, state programs (grants), NAFTA and border initiatives, and overall agency safety and compliance initiatives.
- Provides executive direction and leadership to the agency’s implementation an administration of compliance and enforcement programs through a network of four Service centers and 52 Division Offices, which includes effecting the agency’s Safety Investigations, Commercial Vehicle Inspections, and New Entrant Safety Audit programs for commercial, passenger, and hazardous material’s motor carriers, vehicle and driver safety hazardous materials (HM) safety and security, and household goods (HHG) movements.
- Manages a general operating expense budget of approximately $20 million dollars and oversees jointly with the Grants Management Office $390,000 million in grants to state and local governments, training and safety associations.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with all FMCSA stakeholders and partners including the trucking and motor coach associations; safety advocacy groups, highway safety associations, State, and local governmental and law enforcement agencies, and community/public groups. Represents the Administrator in frequent contacts with officials within and outside FMCSA and the Department on all matters in sphere of responsibility.
- Fosters and promotes DOT multi–modal (Federal Highway Administration, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, etc.), State and local law enforcement entities regarding issues related to motor carrier safety programs to include crash causation driver behavior activities that include unsafe speed, impaired driving, distraction (cell phone & testing) and seat belt usage.
- Works cooperatively to achieve program or policy improvements develops joint work products and/or institutes needed change.
- Oversees and monitors States’ utilization of federal-grant monies, ensuring they are administered by the States in accordance to established practices, are consistent with grant guidelines and policies, and achieve grant objectives, OMB circulars, and Congressional statutes.
- Oversees the National Training center to assure training is provided for Federal Field staff, State Enforcement Personnel, and new Academy Investigators and Inspectors. Assures that curriculum development is current, aligned with statutory laws and regulations and the delivery of training is timely, thorough, fair, clear, and consistent.
Qualification & Experience:
- You must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date.
- Provide all required documents by closing date.
- As a basic requirement for entry into the Senior Executive Service (SES), you must clearly articulate and describe within your five (5) page resume evidence of progressively responsible supervisory, managerial, or professional experience which involved management of a program or organization of significant scope and complexity.
- Your resume must provide information regarding your professional experience and accomplishments that demonstrate your ability to perform the duties of this position and meet the mandatory Technical Qualification(s) and Managerial Executive Core Qualifications listed below.
Company: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A