Website Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
This position is located within a Field Division Office of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. You will serve as the Federal Programs Manager, with responsibility for enforcement, compliance, and hazardous materials activities.
You will be responsible for the investigations conducted by Safety Investigators throughout the state and also responsible for oversight and the review of highly technical enforcement activities for the Washington Division.
- Independently plans and carries out a variety of compliance, enforcement, and safety promotion activities aimed at a variety of safety and compliance problems.
- Interprets and analyzes complex motor carrier laws and regulations.
- Provides advice as an expert on investigations, compliance reviews, hazardous materials and related activities throughout the State, including exceptionally complex enforcement cases.
- Serves as facilitator to the Division and State personnel on current developments in laws, regulations, and policy concerning motor carrier safety program areas.
- Represents FMSCA in interactions with persons outside the FMCSA, such as owners of major motor carriers and their employees, contractors, state and federal agency leaders and their key representatives to include the Commissioner of the Department of Public Safety, senior officials of the Highway Patrol, the Director of the state Department of Transportation and key senior officials involved in transportation safety.
- Must meet specialized experience stated in Qualifications section
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- Knowledge of state and Federal administrative laws, including procedures, regulations, guidelines, and precedents related to case preparation and settlements.
- Knowledge of procedures for assessing, evaluating, and monitoring programs or projects for compliance with Federal laws, regulations, and guidance.
Qualification & Experience:
- Applicable documents are required for the Mandatory Education requirements.
- At least 2 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree
- Master’s degree or have been awarded a master’s or equivalent graduate degree.
Company: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A