Website Federal Railroad Administration
This position is in the Office of Railroad Safety, This position serves as a Drug and Alcohol Program Specialist in the Federal Railroad Administration’s (FRA) Office of Safety, assisting specifically in the railroad oversight compliance audits and regulatory development of the Agency’s Part 219 Drug & Alcohol Program requirements for the railroad industry.
- You can expect continued specialized training once onboard and opportunities to work on some of the Bureau’s most complex cases.
- The scope and scale of our investigations provide unique challenges unlike anything you could work on in the private sector.
- Your ultimate mission: to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States.
- Being a Special Agent can be a lifelong career of uncommon days and amazing experiences.
- Successfully complete approximately 19 weeks of employment as a Special Agent trainee, while housed at the FBI Academy at Quantico.
- Adhere to strict standards of conduct.
- Throughout your career, be available for temporary duty assignments anywhere in the world, on either a temporary or a long-term basis.
- Pass a medical exam, which includes, but is not limited to, meeting visual and hearing standards.
- Upon graduation from the FBI Academy, be available to transfer to one of the FBI’s 56 Field Offices, including San Juan, Puerto Rico or remote resident agencies (satellite offices) to meet the needs of the FBI. Special Agents rarely return to their processing office. Applicants should ensure that their families are prepared for and support this move.
- Undergo a rigorous background investigation, credit checks and a polygraph in order to obtain a Top Secret Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) Clearance.
- Pass a Physical Fitness Test (PFT); must be physically fit to complete training at the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA, and maintain a high level of fitness throughout your career.
Qualification & Experience:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 23 years old and not have reached your 37th birthday on appointment.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher from a U.S.-accredited college or university.
- Be able to obtain a Top Secret SCI Clearance.
Company: Federal Railroad Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Competitive
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A