Website Front Range Community College
As the Access Services Librarian, you are a working member of the College High library team and contribute to the library’s strategic planning process and activities. You are responsible for ensuring excellent customer service and the seamless operation of all access services functions including: oversight of circulation, course reserves, and interlibrary loan services, stacks management, archives, reference, library instruction, and collection development. You collect and maintain statistical data related to the use of circulation and resource sharing activities. You will also serve on relevant library and college committees.
- Support the daily operations of the Front Range College Hill Library circulation by assisting patrons with problems, compiling statistical reports, assisting in development of policies and procedures and problem solving for any issues that may arise. Staff the service desk serving the community college and public patrons which may include nights as assigned or when needed.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of the library collections for student and faculty research needs; assess collection strengths and weakness in subject areas, include analysis of statistics and evaluation of resources; work with faculty to identify materials needed to support new or academic programs;
- Make recommendations for acquisition and/or order materials based on knowledge of, or research on, currently available materials, making appropriate use of reviews and recommended purchase lists; and coordinate trials for new electronic resources.
- Provide reference/research assistance to library patrons in a variety of formats, which may include one-to-one in person assistance, interactive web-based assistance, and development of print or electronic materials such as libguides and tutorials to educate college patrons on locating and evaluating information.
- Active Listening: Serve patrons at circulation/reference desk and faculty when working with them to see what type of topics should be covered in a library instruction.
- Written Communication: Provide clear, detailed and organized communications to faculty, staff, students and other library patrons. Accurately document library processes.
- Oral Communication: Facilitate presentations for faculty, students and other library patrons.
- Customer Service: Oversee the circulation/reference desk and provide timely customer service to faculty, staff and students.
- Technology: Remain current with technology trends and understand how they are best used to provide excellent customer service.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Ensure processes and equitable for all students and library patrons.
Company: Front Range Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Denver, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A