Website Front Range Community College
As the Human Resources (HR) Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for the data integrity of the College’s HRIS to ensure accurate and successful payrolls for monthly employee groups. You will be responsible for ensuring an error free employee payroll through careful collaboration, communication and outstanding customer service.
- Manage monthly payroll and benefit data input to include, but not limited to: the set-up of new hires, benefit enrollments, employee terminations, job transfers (inter-college and across CCCS and State), staffing changes, salary and payroll adjustments in a timely and accurate manner. This includes generating Position Requisitions Employee Change Forms (PREC’s) for new hires, terminations, job transfers, and status changes.
- Coordinate with the HR Generalists to ensure employee benefit elections and other on-boarding information are entered into Banner accurately at time of hire. This includes initial employee set-up, payroll deductions and benefit allowance set-up. In addition, changes to employee status and benefit enrollment changes during the employee lifecycle.
- Run reports to analyze and audit benefit data for accuracy. Monitor payroll activity for exceptions and inaccuracies and correct as payroll is processing. Corrects any misinformation with a sense of urgency.
- Work in collaboration with the HR Generalists and the Payroll Department to research and resolve monthly payroll issues. Reconciles monthly payroll discrepancies with the vendors and works to identify the best resolution for all parties. Review benefit error reports and works with the HR Generalists on appropriate reconciliation steps and payroll adjustments.
- Respond to all unemployment notices prior to their due date. This includes collecting payroll history data along with a detailed response of why the employee left the College. Coordinate with HR Generalists and vendor for hearings and appeals.
- Support the date entry requirements for annual events, including annual salary increases, life insurance salary updates, FOAP changes and annual open enrollment benefit changes. Work with monthly employees to update address changes, direct deposits, and W4 information in Banner.
- Associate’s degree in related field and 2-3 years of experience in benefits administration or payroll.
- Experience working with an HRIS.
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office skills with an emphasis on Excel to include: using shortcuts & formula functions, utilizing pivot tables and ability to use Vlookup for data retrieval.
- Experience working at a state agency.
Company: Front Range Community College
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Fort Collins, CO, US
Application Deadline: N/A