Website Freddie Mac
We are seeking an Information Security Senior Engineer to join the Applied Cryptography team within the Platform Security Technology department within the Information Security Unit of the Information Technology Division. The Senior Engineer will provide administration and engineering of the data-at-rest encryption services and SSH key management.
- Provide technical guidance, develop design documents, perform product installation, upgrades and certification, implementation plan, deployment and troubleshooting support.
- Support the security risk assessment of applications and infrastructure; including remediation of incident response, vulnerability analysis and threat intelligence.
- Diagnose, solve and provide root cause analysis for issues related to key and certificate management and data-in-transit.
- Ensure consistent delivery of superior technical solutions.
- Perform the planning, design, implementation and Level 3 support of IT Security solutions related to data protection and key management.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Provide enterprise support to internal teams for use, configuration, and troubleshooting of data protection and key management technologies, including Hardware Security Modules (HSMs), Key &
- Certificate Lifecycle Management and Database and Folder-level encryption solutions.
- Support and provide tool administration of data protection tools such as Vormetric encryption, SSH key management, etc.
- Coordinate with other support teams to ensure issues impacting tools and systems are resolved quickly.
- Knowledge of AWS cryptography, encryption and key management best practices and policies.
- Ability to manage all aspects relating to system administration including polices, keys, backup, log monitoring for unauthorized access, etc.
- Experience with System Administration basics with Linux (CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server (and associated technologies such as Active Directory and Exchange).
- Experience operating and maintaining production systems in Linux and public cloud environments.
- Advanced problem-solving skills and ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Experience in supporting encryption and/or security appliance devices.
- Ability to prioritize work without management direction and provide clear, documented status updates to the management and the team.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of professional IT experience with implementation and administration of any database and folder level encryption and SSH key management service preferred.
- Experience with basic Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering, computer science, related field or equivalent experience.
Company: Freddie Mac
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Category: Government
Application Deadline: N/A