Website Fort Wayne Housing Authority
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain FWHA housing sites and grounds. The incumbent performs general repairs to the interior and exterior of Authority structures, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and plastering duties in response to work orders generated by service requests or unit inspections. This position also performs general repairs on maintenance equipment as needed.
- Responds to work orders submitted by tenants or Authority staff members, and completes all assigned work in a timely manner.
- Performs carpentry repairs to damaged walls, roofs, woodwork, floors, gutters and downspouts, garage doors, fences, gates, windows, cabinets, doorbells, and interior and exterior doors; replaces fixture if it cannot be repaired.
- Uses brushes, rollers and airless spray equipment to apply the required number of coats of paint, enamel, varnish, lacquer, or other protective or decorative material on a variety of surfaces, including wall and ceiling board, wood, metal, plaster, stucco, concrete, or brick.
- Repairs plaster, patches old plaster, and removes loose plaster in Authority properties.
- Repairs or replaces wiring and parts for electrical outlets, switches, light fixtures, and breaker switches and fuses; checks for and repairs gas leaks.
- Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures and fittings, including but not limited to: showers, faucets, drains, sewer lines, toilets, sinks, water heaters, and water pumps.
- Conducts daily inspections of FWHA housing and grounds to identify needs; maintains FWHA grounds, parking areas, and sidewalks.
- Performs routine manual tasks, including lifting, digging, carrying, unloading, and installing equipment, supplies, and materials
- Exhibits requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the position effectively.
- Demonstrates knowledge of policies, procedures, goals, objectives, operational entities, requirements, and activities as they apply to the assigned organizational entity of the Authority; uses appropriate judgment & decision making in accordance with level of responsibility
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in construction or building maintenance, or vocational training focusing in carpentry, plumbing, and electrical repairs. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Must possess a valid Indiana driver’s license and be insurable under the Authority’s plan
Company: Fort Wayne Housing Authority
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Ft. Wayne, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A