About the job
Job Description Summary Help invent the future of flight, lift people up, and bring them home safely as a GE Aviation intern/coop! You’ll build leadership and functional skills in an engineering role working on challenging, real-world problems and solve for what the world needs. You’ll build relationships with interns/coops and leaders. And you’ll prepare for a potential full-time position after graduation into one of our amazing leadership programs or a direct hire opportunity. Job Description
You will gain broad exposure to the engineering field with an array of opportunities ranging from design & analysis to working hands-on with our Boeing 747-400 Flight Test Bed (FTB) and engine/aircraft integration. Examples of experiences might include: mechanical design, flight test engine integration, data systems, electrical and instrumentation. Ultimately, you’ll be placed taking your preferences into account while also considering your major, year of schooling and business needs at the time of placement.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA off a 4.0 scale without rounding
- Reliable transportation, many of our sites do not have public transportation available
- Attending a full time matriculated and nationally accredited baccalaureate or graduate program
- Willingness and ability to work in the United States; primarily location is Victorville, CA
- Due to access to export-controlled information, you must be one of the following: (1) US Citizen or national; (2) US permanent resident; (3) Person granted refugee status; (4) Person granted asylee status or Beneficiary of legalization through an amnesty program, or (5) other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)).
- Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering
- Electrical Engineering / Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering aptitude and passion for aviation technology
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong knowledge of computer and Microsoft products
- Proficiency in at least one programming language
- Willingness and ability to learn from others
- Demonstrated leadership and team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- One who strives for academic excellence and shows great initiative
- Ability to be agile as business needs change and shift frequently
- Desire to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No