The Edison Works (EW) Emerging Technologies Team focuses on early-stage pursuits and new technology introduction (NTI) in the areas of sensing, autonomy, artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML), cybersecurity, and advanced edge hardware. This role requires collaborating within a highly diverse technical team and directly interfacing with the business facing team and product managers to develop a technology strategy aligned with emerging market opportunities.
- Support early-stage pursuit and capture strategies including customer engagement, defining/shaping requirements, proposal writing, and writing white papers.
- Maintain a mindset of continuous learning, and be open to changing technical approaches as state-of-the-art technologies evolve.
- Provide expertise in attack techniques, common and emerging threats, and develop defensive mitigation strategies.
- Security certifications such as CISSP, Security+, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) or equivalent as per the DoD Directive 8140 or current DoD 8570 guidelines.
- Develop quantitative risk assessments and analyze cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
- Introduce and network with members of the customer community with GE’s strategic leaders and sales representatives.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts (SMEs) and engineers to provide complete and holistic solutions to unique and dynamic customer requirements.
- Provide expertise in cybersecurity, particularly for edge devices and embedded platforms.
- Understand and apply industry standards and methodologies such as the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Design, develop, and implement cybersecurity solutions in complex heterogeneous compute systems.
- Provide expertise in electronic warfare for RF spectrum dominance such as wireless communication, radar, and GPS-denied environments.
- Collaborate directly with diverse technical teams, business teams, and product managers to co-develop a strategy that facilitates the transition of new technology into the Avionics product portfolio.
- Active U.S. Security Clearance.
- Knowledge of ISR, SIGINT, MASINT, and ELINT.
- Knowledge of electronic attack methodologies such as signal spoofing and jamming, and associated mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge of system engineering concepts and best practices.
- Knowledge of digital signal processing (DSP), sensor deployment, and data acquisition.
- Knowledge of attacks on machine learning algorithms and autonomous systems, and associated mitigation strategies.
- Proven track record of transitioning applied research to fieldable platforms.
- Experience working with U.S. Government Sponsors.
- Experience in project leadership and execution.
- Experience applying the latest advancements in AI/ML to increase cyber resiliency.
- Strategic experience working through early-stage pursuits and customer engagement.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited university or college.
- Experience with intrusion detection, protection, and mitigation techniques.
- Experience modeling, simulating, and analyzing emerging threats.
- Experience with aviation and defense products.
- Experience with scripting languages and modeling tools (e.g., Python, MATLAB, C/C++, AFSIM).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Grand Rapids, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A